Friday, July 30, 2010

(Alleged) Rise Of The Apes Set Pic

I don't see the big deal that led the studios to contact Just Jared & BleedingCool.com to pull down the images/links, personally. I'll keep it up until I receive a cease & desist request, so save it if you want to be able to see it tomorrow.

I don't know that I'm all that excited in this prequel/reboot, but the image doesn't make me any less interested. BC.com suggests they think the attempts to pull the image are over concerns that it makes the film just look silly. I don't see how that's anymore true here than with any other behind-the-scenes pic from a movie using motion capture. Which is to say: it's nearly impossible to believe this pic is damaging, but that the studios are just trying to control the release for the sake of control, to protect an exclusive promised to some other publication or to generate a tempest in a teapot over the whole thing that leads to free publicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.