Friday, August 13, 2010

Mini Mr. Anonymous Update

Mr. A hit me with two quick things:

1. Assuming his TV development gig doesn't get in the way, Jeph Loeb is STILL set to take over the Marvel cosmic books. I know: folks thought that was just completely bad info and I thought that things must have changed. But, no, things were just delayed for some reason.

And a reminder: Mr. A's whole point of getting the news out on the cosmic takeover was in hopes that fan response might kill it before it got started. While to some that might just sound like a convenient method to explain it away if it never comes to pass, I assure you that it's his honest position. If he wasn't spoiling out of frustration with bad decisions and moves, he'd have been trying to get something from me out of the deal and/or hitting me with spoilers on a much more frequent basis.

2. Completely unsolicited (I swear!), he offered up: JMS is childish and unprofessional. He had more specific comments about him shared in our conversation, but he didn't specify those having his blessing for publication. I'd e-mail JMS to confirm that he is childish and unprofessional, but I don't have his e-mail and, well, his reaction to being in the news recently might be all the confirmation we here at SCHWAPP!!! need. ;)

1 comment:

  1. If Loeb takes over the cosmic titles then I'm definitely taking them off my pull list - with a quickness. Seeing as how those are the only Marvel titles I read anymore, I really hope they don't do that. I dropped Exiles when Claremont took over, I dropped X-men after Morrison left and Austen ret-conned anything he could get his hands on, I dropped all the Ultimate comics after Loeb took em over, and I will drop my Marvel cosmic titles if this comes to pass no matter how much it pains me to do so. As much as I love Rocket Raccoon, Silver Surfer, Groot, Thanos, Nova, etc, I will not stick around to watch Loeb reduce them to the sensationalistic mediocrity that defines his work lately.
    I don't get it? What's wrong with the way Abnett and Lanning are doing things? I haven't been this excited about Marvel's cosmic titles since the Infinity books, and now Marvel is replacing them with someone who's most recent works are just straight up recycled dreck.
    I wonder what Loeb's first mystery than never pays off in any sort of way will be when he takes over? Who is Blue Groot? Who eviscerated Mantis? No thank you Marvel, I will most definitely be passing on this.
    Thank you both for the heads up on this, and I hope you will keep us posted on the matter.

    ReplyDelete

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.