Monday, August 10, 2009

I've become a healthcare statistic

I started feeling the pain on Friday. I rode it out thinking it was gas.

Sunday afternoon, I could no longer deny it had localized to the lower right abdomen.

Sometime between three and seven, my appendix burst.

Working a Corp to Corp IT contract, I'm uninsured. Glad to have been making some money, but this will probably keep me from working for a month and send me to bankruptcy. Catastrophic illness has a way of doing that.

Gotta say I was lucky to have skipped Chicago, though.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

  1. Yikes. I'm glad they were there for you, and you got the medical attention you needed. Good luck with your recovery.. and your financial recovery after that.

    ReplyDelete

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.