Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Note To Comic Book PR Staff

It's great when you hit your press list to see who is going to be at the convention. That's a nice touch.


When your query is answered in the affirmative, responding "Huxford for the win!" (or, you know, the applicable name)? 

As I had to debate making it to the convention (sadly settling on sitting it out), the enthusiastic response from that publisher's publicity team was responsible for my waffling several times towards the "I'm going" side of my mental struggle. I guarantee that it would have caused me to make a special effort to cover them. Definitely adds positively to that touch. Hell, it could have been a standard response for all I know, but it still had the desired effect. You could tell me it was a form response, but, given the infectious enthusiasm displayed by this company's PR team/individual in the past, I'd be inclined to think it was heartfelt and it being a "form" was just an attempt to "work smarter, not harder" rather than evidence of being disingenuous. 

I won't call out the team or individual I'm praising here. I've praised them in the past and they'll know I'm referring to them if they see this. I sometimes worry that someone within the industry will get judged negatively for showing me a kindness, so I'd prefer to err on the side of caution (as paranoid as I'm aware that sounds).

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.