Thursday, October 06, 2011

The Devil's In The Bleeding Details

Over at BleedingCool.com, Rich has an early scoop about DC overtaking Marvel in both market and dollar share. He indicates "(t)he only time DC has been ahead of Marvel in any form for decades was last December," but that'd be inaccurate.

DC beat Marvel in both categories in May 2005, October 2005 and May 2006. DC beat Marvel in dollar share in January, February and August 2003.


It doesn't really put a damper on this accomplishment, if it holds up as accurate, but it does shoot down the needlessly overstated hyperbole.

C'mon, Rich, I know you always profess to not be a journalist, but if you're going to go out of your way to say "decades", rather than "in recent years", you gotta put forth just a little more effort at accuracy in reporting.

In all honesty, though, I might have just passed it over without digging anything up, but a few of my remaining readers dropped me a line to point out a few of the above examples, causing me to work back from October 2005 to see if I could come up with any more. Then I realized that the point is already made without spending the rest of the night pouring over ComicChron.com and let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.