Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dwayne McDuffie: "No, I Don't (Enjoy Writing JLA)."

David Brothers, of the kickass 4th Letter, caught and blogged about an exchange on The V Hive where Dwayne McDuffie expressed that he doesn't enjoy writing the JLA.


While I still don't know how much my dissatisfaction with the JLA title is caused by the constant changes editorial forces upon him or McDuffie's own work, I'd have to say I'm leaning more towards the former after seeing that McDuffie is even now still having to deal with rewrites caused by an apparent lack of a consistent plan for the DC Universe. Who knows how many times McDuffie has to go back to the drawing board because it's Tuesday and that means the Hawk couple isn't dead, but just waiting to step back on the scene in Blackest Night?

1 comment:

  1. I dropped it ages ago. The book just got really lame, with loads of multiverse cross-overs, and other acts of random cheesiness. It was painful to read!

    ReplyDelete

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.