Saturday, February 09, 2008

Marvel Comics is bringing back Jean Grey? Again?

So, Marvel is bringing back Jean Grey, again? They've killed her and resurrected her more times than one can without making it boring. It's always, "look, X-Men, I'm back," and then, "wow, we're shocked that Jean is back! Hooray!" It has gotten tired. That's why I think they're going to go a whole different way.

JEAN GREY IS BACK! AND SHE'S JOINED THE NEW AVENGERS! BUT SHE'S STILL DEAD!

That's right, True Believer! We're bringing you the story you never thought you'd see.

Preview pages of the team on the way to a battle:

Spider-Man: Hey, why do I always have to carry Jean's corpse?

Luke Cage: Who are you, again?

Spider-Man: My name's Pe...hey...stop that! Tell me why I have to carry her?!?

Iron Fist: Look, "Pee", you know why you have to carry her.

Spider-Man: Let's pretend I don't, because I love making you guys have to say it, again.

Whole Team (other than Wolverine): BECAUSE WE ALL REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED WHEN WOLVERINE CARRIED HER!

Wolverine: Look, Urine...you're pushing it, bub.

Spider-Man: For crying out...my name's not pee, it's...dammit...stop trying to trick me. Besides, I thought "pushing it" was what we caught you doing after the last brouhaha you carried her to?

Wolverine: Jean and I had a special relationship. Last time we were together, she asked me to stick...

Dr. Strange: For the last time, Logan, she asked you to stick her with her claws to kill her. That has nothing to do with this. Keep it up and I'll tell Xavier if there is ever another Illuminati meeting!


Preview pages of the team relaxing in their hideout:

Spider-Man: I'm going on patrol. Where's Jean?

Ronin: I thought you had her?

Iron Fist: Oh, not this again...

Luke Cage: WOLVERINE!

Cut to the whole team at the door to Wolverine's room:

Jessica Jones: Oh...I'm gonna puke. Fuck this, Luke...I'm taking the baby and going to Stark Tower!

Echo: What, exactly, is honorable in that? And please...don't bother telling me what he says.

Wolverine: Jean and I had a special relationship. Last time we were together, she asked me to stick...

Dr. Strange: ...her with your claws!!! WITH YOUR CLAWS!!! Not with anything else. And she certainly didn't suggest you carve an opening so that you might "six hole" her. That's it. I'm calling Tony and seeing if he has anymore "let's banish someone to another world so they can stop screwing this one (literally)" shuttles left in his warehouse.


Edit: Yes, I know that the cover they showed was for Legacy and was just teased to get people talking. But we know they'll try to recycle her eventually, folks. ;)

3 comments:

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.