Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ugh...One Last Time...

Just because I only found this item from Dan Slott that he added into one of my posts as he was working to get me banned from the Bendis Boards:

Edit (by Slott): Kevin's original post pointed out that before I was aware of ICV2.com's corrected estimates for January's sales, that I posted their earlier estimates on another message board. And, in that, he was correct.

I did NOT delete or edit Kevin's ORIGINAL post. What Kevin said was accurate. And I am NOT in the policy of removing a detractor's posts when they ARE accurate. I think that would be a cowardly form of censorship.

In later posts (which I DID delete) Kevin pointed to facts IN my favor. As these helped my cause, the ONLY downside to keeping them on my board was that they GAVE Kevin Huxford a voice ON my message board.

As someone who has watched Kevin hurl personal attacks against people I know and respect-- in one case, trying to hurt a friend's reputation in their union-- and in another case bringing up a woman's sexual history in order to win an internet argument-- I see NO reason for me to give such a person a voice on MY message board.


I won't debate the twists he's doing here, as they've been discussed ad infinitum on this blog already.

But since Dan loves to point to the smallest inconsistency as a lie when it comes to me, I'll point out one for him here.

He deleted a post of mine that, according to his definition, would have been cowardly for him to delete. It was in response to Tom Daylight saying the following:
Both estimates were wrong! Dan has the real numbers, and unless he elects to post them here, I don't think the discussion is particularly appropriate (or even relevant to anyone outside Marvel).
It was in my response to THAT post where I pointed out that Dan used the glitchy sales numbers on the Byrne board, so I believe he doesn't have any more accurate numbers than the rest of us. Kudos to Dan for remembering enough of it to put into his edit of a completely different post and all, but he did (by his definition) cowardly delete a post of mine that wasn't quite in agreement with him. ;)

By the way...it does call something into question: why don't professionals have accurate sales numbers provided to them by their publishers? Why do they have to rely on the same resources that fans on the internet do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.