Friday, March 28, 2008

Why Marvel_b0y Is Viral Marketing Reason #19293

Anyone notice how I've been blogging Secret Invasion spoilers, starting with the ones that led MB to pull his blog off of LJ?

From the start, I said I'd pull it all down if someone official from Marvel so much as sent me an e-mail requesting it. I practically said, "mother, may I please have a C&D pdf?"

Have I gotten anything? Nope. Have I even gotten a comment from anyone purporting to be Marvel brass? Nope.

And it isn't because they have no legal grounds. I mean...they don't, really. But C&D's get sent out all the time to intimidate into complying with a request that has no legal basis for being demanded.

They've sent nothing...because it's all just a game. They've apparently decided that these spoilers getting run will be less damaging than anything that might develop from them asking me to stop.

That last spoiler is coming. I'm not telling you an exact time. Keep checking throughout the day.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the reason no one has asked you to take it down is because nobody at Marvel knows this rinky-dink blog exists! FACE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not exactly, ESD Fan. Dan Slott knows this exists...which means ANYONE WHO COULD POSSIBLY BE MAD ABOUT THIS knows it exists by now. ;)

    ReplyDelete

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.