Saturday, March 08, 2008

Worst Innuendo Film Title Of The Year

So, I go to the movies often. I make it a point to get in a seat early enough to see the trailers. Half of the time, they are the best part of the trip.

I remembered seeing a horror movie where the bad boyfriend from WEDDING CRASHERS (Bradley Cooper) plays a photographer who manages to capture a serial killer (played by Vinnie Jones) doing his work. It looked only mildly interesting, with a leaning towards being worse than the last horror movie Sarah Michelle Gellar did (oh look...a Buffy reference...who'd a thunk it?). I couldn't remember the name for the life of me.

Well...it played in front of THE BANK JOB this evening (great flick...REALLY great flick). Paid special attention to get the name.

It's name? CLIVE BARKER'S MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN. I shit you not.

How many guys do you think really want to walk up to the ticket counter and ask another living being (possibly a man), "could I please have two tickets to the Midnight Meat Train?"

What about a woman walking up and asking the same?

"Could I please have two tickets to the Midnight Meat Train?"

"Honey, pick me up when my shift is over and I'll give you four rides for free!"

Ponderous...just ponderous. ;)

2 comments:

  1. The only thing funnier than the post itself is the tags you applied to it ...

    "Labels: bradley cooper, clive barker, homophobic, midnight meat train, movies, sexual innuendo, that guy from wedding crashers, vinnie jones"

    Well done. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh...thanks. I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.

    ReplyDelete

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.