Monday, April 14, 2008

Friend Hype: Big Dog Studios


I met Brandon, the artist behind Big Dog Studios, at last year's HEROES CON. Great guy and talented artist. Don't hold it against him that I label him as a "friend" here. No need for any internet-addicted comic book writers to contact him to tell him how despicable I am.

Anyway, I dig a lot of his work. He does black and white comic book art, graphic design, and tattoo artwork. Keeps him pretty busy.

I'm reposting some of his work here, but feel free to check out more of his work on his MySpace.

6 comments:

  1. See, you totally should have met up with me in Chicago last year... Brandon and I go way back to 92 at App State.

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days, Lee. Too bad you won't be at NYCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: I have a blog that is for people to just bash me. If you like, I'll bump it back up to the top or create a new one for you to bash me to your heart's content. But, as I've said in the past, posts have to be on topic for the blogs. When they're purely to insult me, they have to go in the appropriate blog for that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pub Kev...I appreciate it! See you at Heroes Con this year! I know Lee probably has another con in mind, but hope you can make it too. What's it been, 13-14 years?

    - Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brandon is great! I'm just sad that he doesn't contribute to the Newsarama Art Group much anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, it sucks! Every time you think you have free time something else steps in and says otherwise! I have to get cranking on producing art for the 2008 version of my sketchbook. Hopefully I'll post some stuff at Newsarama in the process...

    Thanks man!
    - Brandon

    ReplyDelete

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.