Thursday, April 17, 2008

No One Remembers Second Place

...and, in this case, he doesn't even get to bus the tables so he can see the look on Joe Quesada's face.

I was bid-sniped in the last seconds (literally) by someone who played the eBay game better than I. My only hope is that I helped drive up the price of the charitable auction much more than it would have been without me there (meaning the other bidders wouldn't have bid as furiously, not that my name garnered a response).


Shame. I was going to be a polite and gracious lunch guest. Well...for the most part. The plus side in losing is that now I won't have to sell vital organs to cover the winning bid. ;)

8 comments:

  1. Lunch with Quesada would be fun.

    Lunch with Didio would be even more fun just to see the look on his face when I asked the question, "So, what the fuck was the deal with Countdown?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...that's something to ask Didio. But I think I have more interesting questions I could have asked Quesada. I'll post some of them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. I was hoping you two would duel after the lunch, settling the score once and for all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. See...whether you believe it or not...I wouldn't have really tried to be confrontational. This is for charity. To get all up in Joe's grill about stuff would be disrespectful to the spirit of it.

    I had one or two tough questions I wanted to ask, but I was going to make "off the record" an option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're crazy Kev. A bold move, indeed.

    Besides, I thought Quesada's only form of substance was breast milk. You know, since he's so busy all the time.

    Doesn't breast milk make you grow titties?



    ...we've all got titties. Alas.


    Curious to see some of those questions you'd cook up for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll see! I'm thinking of doing a challenge to Joe Quesada to answer a few questions that I'll make a donation for each answer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why did you bid higher when you had the leading bid?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It only looks like that, Anon. Basically, eBay has a weird way of displaying competitive bids. If I bid against someone, only his max or winning bid will show, but all of my incremental bids will displayed.

    Their way makes it confusing to look at after its all done.

    ReplyDelete

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.