Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin: Dead


Man, June is fast becoming my least favorite month. Tim Russert passed before his time and now George Carlin passes at about his time.

Despite taking a more bitter, pessimistic turn over the last few years, Carlin was one of the best comedians to ever walk the Earth. I may not have always agreed with what he said, but he was one of the sharpest wits out there.

I think my life benefited from his sharing his look on life with the masses for these many years. Or, considering I first got into him when I was about 10, ruined the way I saw the world for most of my life. Either or.

The world is lesser for having lost him. During this election season, we'd all do well to remember the sentiment in this clip from one of his last stand-up specials:

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is preferred that you sign some sort of name to your posts, rather than remain completely anonymous. Even if it is just an internet nickname/alias, it makes it easier to get to know the people that post here. I hope you all will give it some consideration. Thank you.